Сityscape and Urban Sketching in Watercolor
Born in Russia in 1972, Michael has called Montreal his home since 2011. From his studio there, his artworks keep adding to the beauty and value of both public and private collections around the world. He has taken part in 16 personal and 80 group exhibitions around the globe, receiving multiple awards. Joy and reverence are evident in everything he produces, perhaps especially in the deep play of light and shadow. He experiments continuously, challenging himself with a wide range of styles and techniques. “Every day,” he says, “I look, I hear, I feel my immediate environment. When painting, I relive these sensations. And I believe that if we pay close attention, each object and every moment contains the Universe within it.”
Michael conducts multiple workshops around the world as well as private lessons in his own Montreal studio. Recently, he represented Canada at many watercolor festivals including in Hong Kong, Slovenia, India, Italy, France, Costa Rica, Mexico, Hungary, and Portugal.
In this course, you will learn to believably depict architectural objects in perspective by manipulating tonal values, color, and edge. Michael will show how to paint luminous cityscapes through the use of various materials in combination with watercolors.
Michael will focus on
• How to make the right selection of details to create “urban noise”.
• Basic and advanced knowledge of perspective and composition in the urban landscape.
• Building a color palette, the choice of basic and complementary colors based on the subject.
• Manipulating the observer's point of view, depending on idea.
• Methods that allow you to bring light into the cityscape using the washing technique.
• How to create dynamic and quick sketches using a combination of line and spots.
Michael will share personal secrets and techniques that allow you to create an impressive emotional watercolor in a few simple steps. You will understand how to draw using proper perspective and how to capture an urban scene in a dynamic and fresh style. You can expect plenty of individual attention and helpful demonstrations all the time.
Dates: April 9th - 12th (tentative)
Time: 9:30 am - 4:30 pm
Fees: To be announced.
Location: KAC studio.
The opening date for registration to be announced.