Becoming a Member
Membership in the Kanata Art Club is open to everyone.
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
Membership in the Kanata Art Club provides:
- Electronic reminders of KAC events;
- The opportunity to post examples of artwork on the KAC website gallery and a link to a personal website if desired;
- Classes throughout the year in various mediums, instructed by respected well- known artists.
- Workshops arranged throughout the year;
- Annual members' shows;
- Inclusion in the Walter Baker Community Exhibition Space (CES) at 100 Malvern Drive, Ottawa where KAC members' original artworks hang for a period of three (3) months;
- An opportunity to hang artwork in other city-sponsored galleries as occasions arise;
- Access to the Club library (books, videos and other publications) which may be borrowed for a short period;
- Access to the KAC open studio when it is scheduled and space permits.
- Inclusion in the Eva James Memorial Community Exhibition Space (CES) at 65 Stonehaven Drive, in Bridlewood, where KAC members' artworks hang for a period of two (2) months.
$35 per year September to August
HOW TO JOIN
You may join the Kanata Art club any time of the year.
Simply fill out the Membership Form; fill in the required information and mail it with your cheque enclosed to the Membership Coordinator.
Are there other requirements for joining the Kanata Art club and taking part in Shows, Sales and Exhibits?
The KAC functions and is managed entirely through the support of member volunteers.
Because volunteering can be a life-changing experience members are encouraged to be actively involved in a capacity or committee of their choice.
Members taking part in the Juried show, the Annual Members' Spring Show and Sale, the $100 and Under Sale or other Club events must volunteer in some capacity in support of the event.
The membership form provides you with a number of volunteer opportunities and an important chance to be part of this unique Art Club.